You need an Android Emulator If you want to install any Android mobile app on your PC. An emulator allows you to download applications from Google Play and run it on your Windows PC or Mac.
In today’s post, we will suggest the best 5 Android Emulators for PC which you can download for free.
So whether you want to download your favorite gaming app subways surfer for PC or the communication app WhatsApp on PC, you must download an Android emulator on your PC first.
There is a large no. of Android emulators available on the internet and many new ones every day.
But finding out how many of these emulators are safe for your PC is a difficult task.
While some of them don’t have the required features, some others consume large PC resources that slow down your PC.
A lot of them contain a virus that may corrupt the operating system of your PC as well.
We at Tentaken have all these factors into account and created a list of the top 5 Android emulators for PC which are safe to install, easy to use, and have unique features.
We have handpicked these emulators and arranged them in no particular order.
Hence, you can choose to download any of these based on your preference.
What is an Emulator
According to Wikipedia
In computing, an emulator is hardware or software that enables one computer system (called the host) to behave like another computer system (called the guest). An emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system.
and if you talk about Android Emulator, it is required to run Android apps on Windows PC or Mac.
In general, Android emulators are app players that provide Android apps with a framework to run on.
For example, if you want to play any music file, you need a music player to play the music file.
Similarly to run the Android app you must have an Android emulator installed on the PC.
With an Android emulator, you can download and install your favorite mobile game app on the PC which is more convenient than playing on a smartphone.
Moreover, apps like WhatsApp, Snapchat, and Periscope are more fun if they can be installed on a PC.
You can get all the Android apps for PC with an Android emulator within seconds and use it right away. I had to get Periscope for PC as it’s more convenient to use Periscope on PC.
You can use a keyboard to type messages faster and more accurately, you can mouse and the biggest advantage – is you can use it on a bigger screen!
List of Top 5 Android Emulators for PC
We have done this time-consuming and difficult task of searching for the best Android emulators for PC on our reader’s behalf.
They can download any of these emulators for PC, all are good. We have created this list after research and arranged it in no particular order. Take a look:
There is no special reason as to why we are discussing Bluestacks in the first spot, it’s just I use Bluestacks on my PC and I am used to it.
This award-winning Android emulator has several interesting features that you may find missing in other Emulators.
Bluestacks was awarded at CES 2012. It runs all the apps quite nicely, whether it is a small app or a heavy gaming app.
Features of BlueStacks:
- Free to download and use.
- Google Play Integration – You can download apps directly from the Google Play store.
- Easy-to-use User interface
- It supports multiple operating systems
- Easy installation of 3rd party’s Android app apk. Double-click .apk file and installation will begin.
- Bluestacks2 has TV integration.
- Offline installer available
The other great Android emulator in my list of best emulators is Andyroid.
This stunning software can quickly be installed on your PC and let you play all your games and communication app from your mobile phone to your Desktop.
Andyroid was born back in 2011 and since then, it has attracted lots of people from around the world.
Better known as Andy, it has been downloaded by several thousand times and the numbers are growing.
Unlike other Android emulators, Andy allows you to use your Mobile phone as a joystick for playing games on PC which makes playing games on pc more entertaining than ever before.
Andy also offers you unlimited cloud storage to keep your apps and is available to download on Windows PC as well as Mac.
Features of Andyroid:
- Very easy to download and install.
- Available for FREE to download for Windows PC as well as Mac.
- The easy user interface makes it convenient to use.
- Unlimited Storage to download as many apps as you want
- Use your mobile phone as Joystick for playing games on a PC.
- Smooth integration of Mobile phone with Desktop PC / Mac.
- Run all your communication apps such as Snapchat, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, and Kik from your computer.
- Google Play store integration so that you can download any Android app of your choice with just one click.
- Receive notifications of WhatsApp Messages or other apps on DESKTOP.
Also see: Xbox 360 emulator for Windows PC
#3- Nox App Player
If you are looking for an emulator primarily because you want to play Android mobile games on a PC, there is no better Android emulator than Nox App Player.
However, it is good for other kinds of apps as well whether it is a Picsart photo editor or communication apps like WhatsApp, Snapchat, etc.
But the specialty of Nox App Player is gaming apps. It is smooth and faster than other Android emulators that offer a great gameplay experience.
With 60 frames per second faster, you wouldn’t notice the screen being stuck even for the games wherein the frames change faster such as the Asphalt car racing game.
You can either use the Keyboard as a game controller or the Joystick if you are the use of it.
Features of Nox App Player:
- Choose the Nox App player’s skin of your choice, there is many to choose from.
- FREE to download.
- Available for Windows as well as Mac
- Best emulator if your motive is to play Android games on a Desktop.
- Blazing faster and more smoothly.
- 60fps gives you the ultimate gameplay experience.
- Use a Keyboard or Joystick as a game controller.
- Download and install any Android app on your PC with Google Play store integration.
Youwave is yet another great choice for those who are looking for the best Android emulators for PC. There are two versions of Youwave, FREE, and Premium.
It supports Android Lollypop 5.1 and is available for installation on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
Its SD card integration feature allows you to store apps in SD and save space on your PC.
Hence, youwave is a great choice in case your computer runs out of disk space yet you want to get Android apps on the desktop.
Features of Youwave:
- Free to download (have a premium version too)
- Available for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP
- Support SD Card so that you could store the app in it.
- Very easy to use.
- Google Play store integration for quick app download
- Supports Android lollypop 5.1
Remix OS Player
If you are looking for the best Android emulators for PC specially to download gaming apps and play, then Remix OS Player is yet another great choice.
Remix OS player can be downloaded to Windows PC as well as Mac free of cost.
According to the company website, Remix OS Player is the most advanced Android Emulator for PC.
The emulator needs Windows 7 or the latest version, it wouldn’t work for Windows Vista or XP.
The emulator is so good that it allows you to play two games at the same time. It is free to download including all future updates.
It works with MarshMallow version of Android. You will have to enable Virtualisation technology from BIOS settings to use Remix OS Player on your PC.
Features of Remix OS Player:
- Free to download including all future updates
- Easy to use.
- Most advanced Android emulator for PC for gaming apps
- Good for Android MarshMallow
- Work on Virtualisation technology and need it enabled from BIOS
- Wouldn’t support AMD Chipset.
- Google Play store integration to download apps with one click.
- It uses Android Studio technology.