Are you among those addicted people who keep checking their Instagram every minute for the latest update?
Are you feeling Instagram is the cause of your low productivity and searching for how to delete your Instagram account permanently?
There is no second thought about the fact that social media is an addiction specially to Facebook and Instagram and we keep checking our profile every minute to know what’s the latest updates from our friends and family.
While social media is not a bad choice to get in touch with our loved ones, spending too much of our time on social media can affect productivity.
If this is something happening with you or something else makes you want to delete your Instagram account, bookmark this page. This article gives clear guidance about it!
How to Delete Instagram
Without going much into detail about why anyone wants to delete their Instagram account, let’s get to the procedure that explains every step of how to delete Instagram.
One thing that I like about Instagram is, it gives you two choices to get rid of your account. They are…
Disable Instagram account temporarily – You can temporarily disable your Instagram account that won’t delete photos or videos and other data saved on your Instagram profile. You can get all of them back once you get back on Instagram again.
Delete Instagram Account Permanently – The other choice is to permanently delete the Instagram account.
If you choose to do that, you will lose all the photos and videos saved on your Instagram account. Also, you wouldn’t be able to log in to it ever.
Also see: How to get Snapchat for iPad
I’ll explain the step-wise process of how to delete an Instagram account permanently as well as how you can temporarily disable it.
If you aren’t sure whether you really want to delete your Instagram account, I’d suggest going for temporary disable as you can always log in to your account in case you change your mind.
However, in case you are firm about deleting your Instagram account, saving the photographs and videos on a phone or laptop will be a smart idea (If you had deleted it from your phone after uploading it to Instagram).
Let’s go ahead with the process.
How to disable Instagram Temporarily-
It is very easy to temporarily disable your Instagram account. Just follow the below simple steps and you’ll be able to do that.
- Go to your favorite browser on Laptop and open Instagram.
- Login to your account.
- Go to Profile by clicking the profile button as shown by the red arrow in the below screenshot.
- Click “Edit Profile”
- Scroll down to the bottom and look for the link “Temporarily disable my account” (highlighted in red in the below screenshot).
- Select a reason why do you want to disable your Instagram account.
- It will ask you to re-enter the password. Do that.
- Hit the “Temporarily Disable Account” button and you are done!
How to re-activate your Instagram Account:
In case you want to re-activate your Instagram account, you can do that by simply logging into your account.
To do that, go to Instagram, enter your email, and password, and hit the login button. That’s all!
How to Delete Instagram Account permanently
If you have decided and want to know how to delete the Instagram account permanently, follow the below steps.
Mind you, once you delete your Instagram account, you won’t be able to log in again and all the data such as photos and videos that you’ve posted on your Instagram account will be gone forever.
Assuming, you’ve made up your mind, here is the process:
- Go to your favorite browser and go to the page to delete Instagram.
- Log in to your account.
- Choose the most appropriate reason why you want to delete your Instagram account from the drop-down menu.
- Re-enter the password.
- Hit the “Permanently Delete my account” red button (Caution: it will delete your account permanently including the videos, photos, etc.).
- Once hit your account will be deleted.
Help your friends by sharing this article on Facebook and other social media channels